UNDERSTAND WHAT "MOVE-TO-EARN" MEANS
Move-to-earn is a relatively new phenomenon that includes a variety of products and services that reward users for being active. We're a platform that provides users with rewards for keeping fit, unlocking an additional income stream for participating in their usual exercise activities, or taking part in specific fitness-related challenges. It builds on the trend and success of play-to-earn, where users are rewarded, in cryptocurrency, for playing games.
- The platform generally aims to incentivize fitness, helping to reduce obesity and sedentariness, and giving users an opportunity to earn an income for improving their health. Indeed, researchers recently found that improvements in cardiorespiratory fitness lead to a significant reduction in all-cause and disease-specific mortality, with an individual’s maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max) being strongly correlated with their life expectancy.
- The term ‘move-to-earn’ refers to the possibility of earning valuable rewards while doing activities like moving about, similar to P2E (play-to-earn), which has since been adopted by a variety of other apps that reward users for their activity.
- The MoveZ application generates rewards in the form of blockchain-based digital tokens. Users are rewarded in native utility tokens for completing fitness-related tasks — such as walking, running, or swimming.
- The MoveZ platform tracks activity and completion of tasks using the data from a cell phone or fitness tracker. This is assessed to see if it qualifies for rewards. Earned tokens can then either be directly traded for goods and services within the application or sold/traded on an internal marketplace or external exchange for other cryptocurrencies.
- Anti-cheat technology will be employed to ensure that only genuine fitness data is taken into account in the reward calculation process.